Minor changes will cover:
- storage - change from deprecated WebSQL to IndexedDb
- projects to become "requests groups" - old projects are to much complex and unnecessary. In nev version you will have an option to group requests and easily switch between endpoints
- responses history - it is a new feature, the app will store responses so you can check how your server's response change over time. It also implicate that the app will be useful offline as well.
- better Google Drive integration - it will use different API to connect to +Google Drive. Thanks to a new Identity API in +Google Chrome you will authorize the app in more user friendly way
- upgrade to Chrome App! - instead of opening the app in new tab it will open as native-like application. You may even add the application to the task bar or desktop
- new way hows the requests are made - using new Google Chrome Sockets API the app is able to make a request without a limitations of XmlHttpRequest. You'll be able to set every type of HTTP header. Also I'm planning a raw socket testing implementation.
- change the +GWT framework to +AngularJS - it is more flexible for HTML5 apps than GWT. And it takes much less time to add new functionality or change existing ones
- completely new UI
Let's stops here for a moment.
I've prepared a mockup for new application. You can find it on +Axure RP cloud - click to open mockup. Please, check the mockup, see how it's working and give me a feedback. Note that you may switch between different view depending on your screen size.
In parallel I've already started programming. I really want to finish it before Chrome Dev Summit where I'm going to participate in MTV. But your feedback is really important to me. There still is a time to make some changes if needed. You can post your feedback either in mockup ("discuss" tab), as a comment to this post or send me an email (use my Google+ profile +Paweł Psztyć).
That's all for now. I'm waiting for your feedback and.. Happy RESTing! :)