Version 17 of Advanced REST Client has been released. You can install it from ARC's releases page.
This release was focused on consolidating so far distributed code-base. We have merged most of the existing libraries into 4 main repositories. This allows us to focus on building new features instead of compatibility between the libraries.
Besides the great consolidation, this version comes with several new features, bug fixes, and general improvements.
- Added proxy settings in the application configuration
- Added an option to read the OS' hosts file and combine the content with the app defined hosts
- Added the ability to export the saved requests as a HAR file
- Added a context menu entry for input fields to insert a variable
- Added variables support in the authorization editor
- Updated the UI to change the redirect URI for a single HTTP request
- Added support for OICD (OpenID Connect) authorization
- Removed support for CodeMirror. ARC uses Monaco editor only.
- New API Console - the next (not yet published) version of MuleSoft's API Console - the API documentation tool
- Removed update channels (alpha, beta, latest) from the application updater
- Added the app updater option to install a pre-release version
- Dropping support for the "alpha" release
- Added notifications when processing API project (with the spec)
- Removed querying to the application backend for new messages
- Removed custom Analytics service (Google Analytics is still there)
- Fixed setting the port information in the Python code snippets
- Fixed setting code snippets after changing authorization settings
- Fixed #437 - changed the definition of binary data in the response view